Old October 25th 05, 04:26 PM

Default 91 Dodge Caravan ignition switch replacement

....the ignition lock on my van has disintegrated. Basically, the sleeve

that goes into the barrel came out with the key, and a lot of pins and
springs fell out too. It had been loose for a while (and causing some
electrical trouble too, I think) but now it's history. I've looked thru

the FAQs and still am in the dark. The van is a LONG tow from a garage
(rural Quebec).
SOOO - I briefly (once) was able to get the assembly to turn with a

flat-headed screwdriver but no longer. I can see a vaguely D-shaped
hole at the bottom (where I stuck the screwdriver) but there is a
(now-rounded) stub of metal in it that keeps me from getting a grip. My

questions, then:
1) any way to get the stub out? The van's a beater and I would be happy

to just use a screwdriver in future.
2) it looks like to disassemble the switch and lock, I must remove the
shroud from the steering column, and to do THAT it looks like I must
remove the steering wheel. Anybody know a diagram or instructions for
doing this on the web?
Thanks for any help - ะชื
My email eddress is - remove shorts to get the

REAL address.