Old April 13th 05, 09:39 PM

OK, some more info...
I found a loose vacuum hose (carbon canister to the throttle housing).
This fixed the high idle while moving problem.
It still revs up at first start, and idles rough. It idles OK for a
few seconds, then dips down almost stalling, then back up to about
800-1000 rpm.
The Check engine light came on and reported "Mass Air Flow Sensor Out
of Range (low)".
I have a new Mass Air flow sensor, so I'll try that tonight. Curious
as to why that would fail right after the gasket replacement.
Coincidence? Or maybe just the rough idle is causing the sensor to
pass bad info.

I'll post my results in case anyone is interested.
-Dan