Old August 4th 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Rodan

Default Isuzu Rodeo fast idle

GeeBee wrote: (1997 Rodeo 4.2L V6)

It idles too fast. We replaced the IAC and that cured
it for a short time. Lubricating the throttle body parts
does not help. When the battery was disconnected
for an unrelated problem, everything was fine for a few
hundred miles, then the idle speed started to creep up
again, to about 2200 rpm. Even changing down a gear,
the machine wants to run away on long downgrades,
leading to me having to ride the brakes way too much.

"Steve W." wrote:

Sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Air
AFTER the MAF will cause a high idle.

Yes, the first thing to suspect is a vacuum leak. Check
the vacuum lines for cracks and tighten throttle body
mounting screws. NOTE: The car previously had the
same problem and a new IAC fixed it. It is possible
that the new IAC is failing.

Good luck.

Rodan.