Old March 7th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default 2000 Grand Cherokee - New computer - P1685

I have been having issues with my 2000 Grand Cherokee V6 that several
shops advised would be replaced by installing a new computer. I was
having sporadic cylinder misfires, odd stalls, and a weird one where
would turn the key to the off position and remove the key and the
jeep
would keep running.

Anyways, I bought a new computer from a salvage yard and just
finished
installing it. THe Jeep starts up great, but then dies out with a
P1685 error. I know that that means SKIM error and that obviously
the
new computer doesn't recognize the key I use.

The question I have now is, what next? Do I have to take it to the
Jeep dealer to have the computer programmed? Or can I take it to my
local guy that I trust?

Any help is much appreiciated.

Thanks.