Old April 3rd 21, 07:22 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Default Are my business assumptions correct?

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Rod Speed > wrote:
>> micky > wrote
>>
>>> Are my business assumptions correct?
>>>
>>> I'm trying to get rid of some engine trouble codes,
>>> and I need to install 2 or 4 oxygen sensors.

>> Its very unlikely that more than one has failed.

> It's very unlikely any of them have failed. I cannot even count the number
> of times I have seen cars blowing black smoke out the tailpipe which have
> just got new oxygen sensors because the computer was throwing a code saying
> the sensor was out of range in the rich direction.
>
> The morons don't bother to figure out why it threw the code, they just swap
> out parts at random. They love swapping parts out.
> --scott

Yep, I love the ones who bring in a vehicle and say "Here I want XX
changed, I know they are the problem" Instead of actually doing a diag
and finding the real issue.
They always seem to complain though when it doesn't repair the problem...

--
Steve W.