Old August 10th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Default can a head 'boss' be repaired?

I guess I will say this..............You used some force to crack that head!
:-o
I have several rebuildable heads, but I usually get new heads cheaper than
rebuilding my cylinder heads.
Are you close to someone that might have some for you?

Mofoco purchased all of Topline's aircooled, and maybe water-cooled,
cylinder head machinery so they "could" do the work, if you wanted them to
do it for you.
Remco, I think, is another place that could do the work.

This is NOT a Porsche 356 cylinder head so why not buy new?
I do not think that JB Weld will work on it, although there are some welding
rods that you use with a propane torch that impressed me! <g>
But then you need to machine it afterwards. Are you up to the challenge and
is this just for fun? Or you want a very reliable engine?
--
later,
(One out of many daves)