Old July 17th 06, 05:19 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_1_]

Default Is Ford Running on Empty?

http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/10/maga...tune/index.htm

>I work at a company that absorbed Welch's "style" and let me tell you -
>it's way overdue for replacement.

I wouldn't want GE-style management for any small, fast-growing company
that can't afford to have its innovation stifled, but if you have to
run a large, established firm that's not on the cutting edge, GE
management, of which Jack Welch was a product rather than a creator,
isn't bad, and it's probably why GE is the only remaining original
member of the Dow Jones Industrials. But Johnson & Johnson and 3M are
probably better-run large companies.