Old November 10th 04, 06:54 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
(Jorge Fonyat) wrote:

> Is this model related or just an user option ?

AFAIAA, it applies to all models across the Audi range, except for the
RS6. Cars come from the factory filled with long-life oil and it is
then up to the owner whether they want fixed or variable servicing
intervals. However, this only started in 2000 - I don't know whether
earlier cars can be moved to the variable service interval regime.

My feeling is that if you opted to fill your car with the higher spec
oil, then it would be perfectly okay to go two years between changes.
The appropriate oil spec is VW 503.00 (or VW 503.01 - intended for the
RS4 and 1.8T over 180bhp). I'm not sure what brands are most commonly
available in the USA but, for instance, Valvoline Synpower XL meets the
lower spec and Synpower MXL the higher spec.