Old November 10th 04, 01:15 AM
Chris Perdue

>From: "Mike Rocket J. Squirrel

> I'm looking
>forward to putting a real filter on the Wonderbus. Not that I don't love
>changing oil every 1,500 miles, of course . . .

do you have a "sand seal" on the pulley end of the crankshaft?....if not, even
with a "real" filter, *I*(personally) would not stretch the oil change
intervals toomuch if any at all....the crankcase is still open and ventilated
by outside "dirty" air.....
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004