Old November 10th 04, 02:02 AM
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

Chris Perdue wrote:
>>From: "Mike Rocket J. Squirrel

>>I'm looking
>>forward to putting a real filter on the Wonderbus. Not that I don't love
>>changing oil every 1,500 miles, of course . . .

> do you have a "sand seal" on the pulley end of the crankshaft?....

Sand seal on the pulley end of the crankshaft . . . lemme see what I am
not seeing: I've pulled the pulley a few times . . .it mounts on a shaft
which protrudes from the rear (rear is rear) of the engine. That end of
the shaft doesn't seem to be loose or rattling around and I don't recall
looking at it and thinking, "My what a big old sloppy opening around
this shaft!"

What did I not see?

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott