Old September 8th 05, 01:15 AM
automatic transgression

as far as the bumpers are concerned: yes, they will become ratty after
time. and the protection pieces are much cheaper to remove and replace
than the cost of repainting a bumper.

i worked at stongard in bellevue, wa (across the lake from seattle...) a
few years ago for a few years, doing design and installation work. we
(now they)use the 3m paint protection film. how good it looks on your
car is entirely dependent upon how the piece is designed, and though i
do not work there any longer, i am convinced that tim has the best
philosophy on designing the product.

the product is designed to protect from rock chips, but many people did
also want bumper protection in the rear. it will do nothing in a
collision, but yes, you will be protected from small parking bumps.
Steve Larson wrote:
> I've had mine for a couple of years and there are no noticeable damage
> marks. I frequent the local interstates and small rocks and debris are the
> standard here. It may show tears if another vehicle strikes it, but keeping
> it waxed and slick will help prevent it from those types of rips.
>

> "J. Perry" > wrote in message
>
>>"Somebody." > wrote in message
unet.ca...

egroups.com...