Old April 18th 05, 03:22 AM
John Davies

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:14:03 -0600, "Nathan W. Collier"
> wrote:

>bottom line, if you werent there to supervise/explain would you let your
>wife tow an 8000 pound camper from billings to helena (using the jordon
>brake controller) and trust that she will be able to make the proper
>adjustments on the fly? i think this is the biggest reason i ordered surge,
>so that my wife could pull it with confidence.

Well, I don't like to even let my wife drive my truck, period.

I think you made the prudent decision with surge brakes, in your
situation.

Knowledge is power - the thing that scares me most is clueless travel
trailer owners bombing down the freeway with no concept of how their
rigs behave under marginal conditions, what their trailers actually
weigh and how much tongue weight they have. Or even if their brakes
are working or how much air is in the tires ;(

I give them all a wide berth....

John