Old April 18th 05, 10:16 PM
Danny

Dave Milne wrote:
> The Defender is heavier, and has more substantial axles and a much stronger
> box section chassis, more akin to the Wagoneer in size.However, it still
> has the same short wheel base as the Jeep, higher ground clearance and a
> less powerful engine. It probably comes down to a less litigious attitude...

And my 1984 110V8 pulled my 2000kg trailer much better than the Jeep
can. OK, the Jeep can pull it fine, and with fairly effortless use of
power compared to the V8 landrover, but it still can't pull it in a
straight line .

110 = 1850kg approx. Jeep = 1500kg approx.

Mind you, the LR90 I used for a while also had no problems and it is
much nearer the Jeep's weight...

I have to say I miss my 110...

Now looking at a Toyota Hilux Surf...
and a Ford Explorer...
can't afford another 110...

--
Regards,
Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
http://www.dannyscoffee.com (UK advert for my mobile espresso service)
http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/European online ordering for Malabar
Gold blend)
swap Z for above characters in email address to reply