Old October 14th 17, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

Default Why is my 1985 s 10 2.8 engine so hard to start ?

On 10/13/2017 8:56 PM, wrote:
> On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 5:17:53 PM UTC-5, Xeno wrote:
>> On 14/10/2017 6:35 AM, ben91932 wrote:
>>> Everything that Scott said was spot-on accurate.
>>> With the engine cold, did you look down the carb with the choke open and work the throttle several times to see if you get a solid stream of gas yet?
>>> Let us know...
>>> Ben
>>>

>> Nobody seems to have asked the pertinent question;
>>
>> Is it hard to start *hot and/or cold*???
>>
>> It makes a big difference as to where you start and direct your diagnosis
>>
>> --
>>
>> Noddy! Have you made that call, sent that email?
>> The number to call: 1300 304 064
>> The email address:

>> Xeno

> its harder to start when its cold. but it still dont start right when its hot.

You mentioned 'rebuilt carb'.

I don't know and I don't know your vehicle but rebuilt
carburetors nowadays can have the wrong aperture(s) in the
venturi cluster. Rebuilders seem not so diligent about
matching these for each application (many port sizes in the
same part blank get mixed after cleaning and before
assembly). Tracking down the actual spec and wire-gauge
measurement are tedious but if you've eliminated all else,
compare that to your original. Drove me nuts until I checked
it and swapped in the original.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>