Old May 26th 12, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

Default high oil pressure

On 5/24/2012 19:31, DougW wrote:
> ps56k wrote:
>> Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 6-cyl - 2001 -
>> had the usual oil change
>> and now notice the oil pressure gauge
>> is reading much higher than normal.
>>
>> The round graduated guage has - 0 - 40 - 80 -
>> the needle usually sits at 40,
>> but is now resting more between 40/80 at "60" or higher...
>>
>> SO - issues -
>> oil filter ?
>> pressure sender ?
>> other ?

> 99% of the time it's a bad sender.
> A sure tell is when oil starts to poke out around the
> electrical connector.
>
> First step though is to remove the connector, clean it,
> and put it back.
>
> You can either throw a part at it or put in a mechanical
> pressure tester and see what the pressure really is.
>
> http://www.revbeergoggles.com/Fixes/...r-oil-pressure

I've noticed that the newer replacement ones seem to be a bit less flaky
than the older ones. Since roughly 2205-2006. Original stunk, as
accurate as a Ouija Board. Replacement reasonable until it got hot, and
for good measure started leaking. Third time seems the charm. They
are trivially easy to replace thank goodness.