Old April 12th 13, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default Why so little traffic on a Mustang Usenet group?

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 19:24:26 -0500, "WindsorFox<SS>"
> wrote:

>On 4/10/2013 17:16, Ashton Crusher wrote:
>
>> One of the biggest problems on Forums, besides the fact that the mere
>> proliferation of them has horribly segmented the potential user base,
>> is trying to read new, threaded messages. You need to constantly
>> start over, going up and down the tree to get to what's new and many
>> times it's hard to tell what's new till you "get there". Decent
>> Usenet Readers have made all this stuff like a warm knife thru butter
>> but sadly the tide is against them.
>>

> It's easier if you know how to manipulate the software, but I'm a
>moderator and administrator so I have more experience than a lot of people.

True, but the downside is there are several different softwares
running forums so what you learn on one may not work on the other.
Plus, it seems like some of the authors of forum software have no idea
what "usability" means and can make finding a simple search box and
Easter egg hunt.