Old August 21st 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jimmy the Hand

Default 1994 Ford Explorer A4LD Tranny problem

Hi All,

Out of the blue on Friday, my Explorer stopped shifting into overdrive
(at least I think that is what happened). I used to get up to about
80km/h and then the RPMs would drop from 2000 to about 1400 and then
even out around 2000 at 100km/h. When I'm driving highway speeds, I
find that I can shift between overdrive and drive and the RPMs do not
change. They stay at around 2400 at 100km/h. The transmission shifts
completely normally except for this one oddity. Thanks in advance for
any help you can provide.