Old December 7th 16, 05:40 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Leon Schneider

Default What size nut goes onto a typical US passenger tire Schrader valve?

wrote on Tue, 06 Dec 2016 17:44:38 -0500:

> just use a metal valvecap and a washer.. The actual thread is a
> .305X32 - which is NOT a standard fastener thread.

The standard metal cap and a washer would work but I think I'll just buy
the right tool.

There are so many valve removal and replacement tools that it isn't funny.

This one has a screwdrover-hook to remove and a screwdriver-funnel to
replace for example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgDzZIop_uw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l4pJNg9k0I

This guy just broke the old valve off and used the 4-way tool to put the
new valve back on.
https://youtu.be/HZSvNRifTDw