Old December 7th 16, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Leon Schneider

Default What size nut goes onto a typical US passenger tire Schrader valve?

wrote on Wed, 07 Dec 2016 08:02:40 -0500:

> Remove with a utility knife, install with the tool. Soap the stem
> first.

Thanks for confirming that the cheap tool works just fine.

As you probably know, experience in choosing tools is everything because
ometimes you don't want the cheap tool, and sometimes you do.

It all depends, usually, on three basic things for all tools:
1. Use the cheap tool if it does the job well enough to do it right
2. Buy the expensive "finesse" tools if you do it a lot
3. The smaller and easier stored the tool, the better (for storage reasons)

This 4-way cheap ubiquitous tool meets the standard tool's #1 and #3
criteria, and since I'm not doing the job a lot, I don't need to meet the
#2 criterion for "elegant" tools.