Old October 21st 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Default NASTY Lil' Cobra Being Twin Screwed

WindsorFox wrote:
> Michael Johnson wrote:
>> John wrote:
>>>
>>> Yuck! Being the ice cream connoisseur that I was, pre-diabetic now
>>> in my 50's, that was like a pan of cold water.

>> Sometimes a slap to the face is needed.
>>
>>> I agree, to the purist, it would be revolting. But to the somewhat
>>> brand loyal, practical man and somewhat experienced, or most likely
>>> displaced, secretary with several kids and friends, football
>>> practices and games, and the odd weekend project, I think it would do
>>> quite well.

>> I have a feeling that the number of new buyers they get from a four
>> door Mustang would be offset by the number of Mustang enthusiasts they
>> would lose. IMO, some things just aren't meant to be, like a four
>> door Mustang. Any more than two doors and it ceases to be a Mustang.
>> Besides there are plenty of fine and capable four door sedans to
>> choose from that are already in the showrooms.

> So you're thinking that if they came out with a second different
> model that has four doors, some loyal Mustang owners would sell and or
> never buy another Mustang again even with the two door still in
> production??

Selling a Mom and Pop four door Mustang diminishes the car's mystic,
reputation, heritage etc. It would also show Ford is so desperate to
sell vehicles that they will jeopardize one of their best selling, most
long term success models to do it. It would be a very bad business
decision, IMO.