Old August 11th 16, 12:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 2013 Hyundai Sonata - Caster at low end of Spec Range

Bill Vanek:

Tires on car all match original size, load, and
speed ratings on B-pillar decal.

I'm running them at just 2psi over spec, which
should not be a big deal, compared to some
of my friends cars, which differ 5-10psi from
one corner to the next, LOL.

The rears are moderately worn Khumo Solus
KH's - what Hyundai and Kia seem to put
on all of their cars at factory. The fronts are
newer Nexens, an upgrade available at all
Hyundai & Kia dealers for Sonata and the
Optima.

I definitely plan to replace them before this
winter with higher consumer-rated Continentals.

However: I have never, ever, felt a handling
improvement from changing tires on any car
I've owned. Alignment, and proper tire
pressures have always been the biggest
influence for me.