Old August 12th 16, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 2013 Hyundai Sonata - Caster at low end of Spec Rangel

Bill Vanek wrote: "You can't use a kit without elongating the holes. There might be ball
joints that will allow a camber/caster adjustment, though. "

Not the case with Sonata YF(2011-14) series: A camber kit was required
and was provided for front camber adj. It was analagous to a key that
unlocked a safe or whatever. Some parts were bolted on to that part
of the suspension that allowed for camber adjustment, and the adjustment
was made. No drilling, no guessing.

What remains unknown is which years of the YF series was the kit provided
for. A check of my VIN by one of the dealer parts depts showed no kit
available for my car. So it looks like some surgery might be necessary to
equalize that front neg. camber and reduce cross-camber maybe to 0.2 or
..3 degrees.

The local body shops said they are "adamantly" reluctant to do this on a
recent car like my Sonata until all potentially worn/loose/or bent parts are
diagnosed. I bought the car at 29,900 miles, and it now has about
30,500, still relatively new, and I want my investment to be something
I want to jump in and drive every day to work, the supermarket, or
wherever.