Old August 31st 11, 01:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
PeterD

Default Golf 1.8 Mk III SE (same as GL.. ADZ engine) not starting.. help!!

On 8/30/2011 5:09 AM, Gizzard wrote:
> Sorry, in a bit of a blind panic when I wrote that post.

Happens... Even to the best of us.

> Car is 1996, ADZ engine, manual, 90k on clock.

OK, now we know what we're dealing with.

> It's at the garage now. Mechanic says car started first attempt, but carb is flooded with oil ! Couldn't get the computer to register it

Better yet, get a new mechanic first. No carb on this car. It is fuel
injected (TBI, IIRC)

> Oil in carb sounds ominous from what I've seen online..

Oil in the throttle body isn't good... But a mechanic that doesn't know
the difference between a throttle body and a carb isn't going to be able
to fix it.

--
I'm never going to grow up.