Old June 12th 16, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Budd Cochran[_2_]

Default pto drive shaft to winch drive

"zane 79 landcruiser long body"
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> replying to Budd Cochran, zane 79 landcruiser long body wrote:
> thanks budd, got a good pull earlier, dragging a coconut tree out of the
> creek
> at my place here on the west coast of sumatra....i run a surf camp
> here....our
> motto is to protect and surf.....or surf and rescue when the beast, my 79
> cruiser, is in a good mood. having the winch is essential i have pulled a
> lot
> of small truck out of dangerous situations.....btw I just ground down the
> 3/8
> inch bolt to a flat face, my idea of drilling a small divot into the shim
> and
> tapering the end of the bolt was a bad idea. your suggestion helped me
> solve
> the problem.....thanks again....take care, zane
>
> --
> posted from
> http://www.motorsforum.com/jeep/re-p...ve-134993-.htm

Glad to help.

I was a heavy equipment mechanic and journeyman millwright for ten years in
an automotive muffler factory here in the States but I also served with the
Indiana National Guard Combat Engineers in the 1970's.

US Army 6X6 trucks used a similar overload unit on some winches and I
remembered how were set up.

Surf Safe!!!!

Budd

---