Old October 4th 04, 07:08 PM
Big Poppa Pump

Isn't that the stupidest place for an air filter, just changed mine again
too. Who though that up? So much for ergonomic placement of routine
maintenance parts, doing the spark plugs too next weekend, yay take all the
crap in the way out first shred some knuckles and then viola, you can get
the plugs out. At least you can replace them with some good Bosch Platinums.

"Denny" > wrote in message

> "Cheryl and Rob" > wrote in message
> > could someone PLEASE tell me how to get the cover off the air

cleaner?????
> > I tried taking off the two bolts on the front of it but I cannot get it
> > apart. what in God's name am I doing wrong??? Thanks in advance guys. I
> > appreciate it
> >
> > Rob
> >

> You got a good start with the two bolts. Now with a long skinny
> straight-blade screwdriver, loosen the clamp on the hose going to the
> throttle body and the other hose going to the black box sitting behind the
> drivers headlamp. Now take that black plastic housing out of the way and
> look down at that remaining black box. You'll see two spring steel clamps
> that you can push off with your fingers. Now tilt the lid out, push back

on
> it to disengage the row of plastic tabs along the other side and you now

can