Old March 28th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
gordo

Default Rear Wiper gets stuck between door and window

> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I am trying to find a piece to bridge the gap between the rear door on
> my 2000 ford explorer and the rear window cause everytime I turn on my
> rear wiper, it gets stuck between the two. I already burned up my
> wiper motor cause once it gets stuck there, the motor is trying to
> fight the blade being stuck and not working properly. So if anyone
> knows where I can get a piece of rubber/molding to attach to the glass
> and then my wiper can pass that crack that would be great. Thanks for
> any help you can provide.

I had the same problem with my 96 explorer.
The blade assembly is mounted on a splined motor shaft.
I removed the blade assembly from the motor shaft and reinstalled it one
spline higher on the shaft so that it won't return past the glass edge.