Old November 24th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.toyota
WindsorFox[_5_]

Default Best no BS motor oil/filter comparison?

Tegger wrote:
> HiC > wrote in news:8455880c-4d03-4ce4-a7eb-
> :
>
>> I see opinions of the "I swear by" type all over the map. Anyone know
>> of a good site that shows the truth about which brand/type of oil &
>> filter performs the best? Thinking in the passenger car realm.
>>

> There isn't any. Not such that I've ever been able to find online, anyway.
>
> Those sites that pull filters apart to see what they look like inside tell
> you absolutely nothing useful at all.

It told me that the most expensive conventional filter (at the time)
had pieces of cardboard glued to the edges of the filter media as end caps.

--
"Boy, I've spent my adult life dealing with people like you.
There are few things that intimidate me; and a