Old November 24th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.toyota
ransley

Default Best no BS motor oil/filter comparison?

On Nov 24, 1:02*am, HiC > wrote:
> I see opinions of the "I swear by" type all over the map. Anyone know
> of a good site that shows the truth about which brand/type of oil &
> filter performs the best? Thinking in the passenger car realm.
>
> Thanks

There is a site somewhere I visited that tested all filters. Alot
depends on driving style, if normal not racing the car manufacturers
is always safe. On oil Mobil 1 is as good as it gets, for racing maybe
Royal Purple. Most any name brand is fine and much improved over the
last 30 years.