Old August 19th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Casper

Default 1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

>"billy ray" was heard to say...
>Jeep uses 2 (at least) types of CPS units.
>http://members.cox.net/wilsond/Fixes...tml#CPSdetails
>
>There is the one type that is secured by one bolt, that must be adjusted for
>clearance with the paper spacer that comes with the new unit..
>
>The other type is secured with 2 bolts and does not require adjustment.

The later is the version on my jeep. I said shim but meant spacer. I
know if the spacer isn't right when the replacement is installed, it
can completely ruin the new CPS.

Right now we're still testing and tracing as much as possible but
coming up empty. We're still leaning towards a mis-matched or
mis-programmed PCM.

Anyone ever hear of paint particles from autobody work getting into
the sensors and causing problems?

`Casper