Old February 14th 05, 01:44 AM
Tenali Kid

An update, the car is starting fine when the engine is cold. Runs fine
(still some lag in the throttle) after getting started. Once the
engine is warm though, if you turn it off, then it won't start again.
Cranks and cranks but won't start. After it started over the weekend I
thought everything was fine, but can't get it to turn over when warm.

I looked around the older topics and found some other people that had
the same problem. One mentioned the fuel pump as a possible source. A
coiling wire would get hot after running the engine, and the fuel
pressure out of the pump would drop off. Car would run fine, like
mine, but wouldn't start off of a hot engine. If it was an OptiSpark
distributor problem, would the engine start at all...cold or hot? How
much should I expect a qualified mechanic to charge for fixing a fuel
pump problem (after checking it first)?

Thanks for the help, I have a lot more faith in what I've heard here
than just taking the word of my dealership's service guys.