Old September 12th 18, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Xeno

Default muffler

On 13/9/18 1:01 am, wrote:
> I wanted to be a cheapskate, and other things, and get my old muffler welded, but when I took it off I found a 3/4" hole on top where the retainer strap held it. Is this some kind of be-metallic effect? I want a new one now (autozone $32.99), so when I install it should I put a fiber glass pad up there to protect that spot? Except for that hole and the front pipe snapped off the thing should have been good for a few years yet.

If the front pipe has snapped off, that indicates that the *interior* of
the muffle is stuffed. You're doing the right thing by putting a new one on.

> Best thing about it so far is I reconnected with an old buddy who has lots of tools.
>
> Nils K. Hammer

Golden rule, don't lend three things, car, tools and your woman.
They're all returned back to you thoroughly screwed!

--

Xeno

"The best way to make a fire with two sticks is to make sure one of them
is a match."
-- Will Rogers