Old January 16th 05, 01:48 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I think you may see it look at:
http://www.billhughes.com/44axlebearing.jpg Imagine the the shoes
expanding away from the cylinder, driving forward the rear piston is
mostly for looks as the the whole shoe assembly rotate against the top
anchor, but in reverse it rotates the other way, (clockwise in this
picture of a left side) and the rear shoe pulls away from the top anchor
that the adjusting cable is hook to, pulling the adjusting lever up at
the end of that shoe and cocking it, so that when the cable is released
the return spring will pull the lever back into the rest position
turning it one notch. It would take hundreds of stops in reverse to
adjust shoes not pre adjusted on installation.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O