Old November 17th 11, 06:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
tonyw

Default Bellingham WA, USA. Source for VW tools?

On Nov 16, 5:54*pm, wrote:
> For one-person brake bleeding the only tool to use is the
> Power Bleeder by Motive Products *(www.motiveproducts.com) . *I've
>
> Todd

Hi Todd,
Thanks for the recommendation, the motive bleeder looks straight
forward and controllable by the hand pump. Their 0100 model lists
their adapter fitting VW's too. I'll see if I can find one locally
otherwise it looks like Motive sells by mail order too.

I stopped in Bellingham today and found the Harbor Freight store but
didn't find anything there I couldn't find in locally in Vancouver.
Their brake bleeder was the Might Vac, another vacuum system based on
shop air, and catch-bottles for the 2-person pump-the-brake-pedal
method. However I did find another eclectic store called "Hardware
Sales" http://www.hardwaresales.net/ which had a huge selection of
hardware, household, lighting, plumbing, automotive, safety, you-name-
it items you'd need to fix something or put something together. And
the staff know their stuff and are super friendly. While I was there,
a customer in an electric wheel chair came in and the assembly holding
the control lever was lose. She asked the sales rep if had a screw or
something to hold it together and he proceeded to find bits and pieces
to make a permanent, solid fix. That's uncommon customer service. I
ended up buying quite a bit of hard-to-find items there, so a good
find for the day.

-Tony