Old April 22nd 05, 01:59 AM

This is tricky, especially for those not familiar with cable shifters. As
in all things that move, some metal wear will occur, same goes for the
moving parts of a cable shifter and everything else that moves to shift
gears in the tranny. Looks like a small amount of wear on this system
amounts to an non-proportional effect on the movement in the tranny shift
mechanism. Looks like the rotation was just a little too much and I was
shifting as before over rotating the mechanism in the nosecone. After
several disassemblies and reassemblies, I finally got it back to where it
was before and do not expect this to happen again anytime soon, since the
parts have now been "worn in". Thanks for the clue about "rotation" Speedy
Jim. That was the key.

I now REALLY understand this system.

Joe Gliebe
550 Spyder