Old October 26th 05, 02:54 PM
Don Stauffer

Default Does vortec engine mean good?

Steve Mackie wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortec
>
> More or less just a trade name.
>
> Steve
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>Hi, I was looking at a minivan - astro or safar. Is the 4.3 Vortec a
>>good engine? I just see it as a plus in the ads and wanted to know.
>>Especially since they are higher in miles (at least the ones I can
>>afford). Thanks.

That's what I thought. However, I have seen a very similar name on
other brands now (something like Vtech). Is GM licensing the technology
to others or is that just someone else using a similar name for similar
technology.

I am under the impression that this is GM's method to ensure lots of
turbulence in the combustion chamber. Is this right?