Old May 7th 05, 11:32 PM
Joey Tribiani

"John Willis" > wrote in message

> They are usually dangerous only when damaged or incorrectly installed.
> I know anecdotal evidence isn't statistically valid, but we've never
> had any issues with the tires and split rims on our 1965 Ford F-700
> dump truck. For what that is worth (which ain't much!:~)

very much true John....but it can be hard to make sure everything is lined
up...some use wires to hold the bead ring in place and they can pop
loose....most people put them into a protective "cage" when inflating...too
much pressure can cause a Kabooom too.....i guess it could be said, as with
most things, when done properly all is "good"....