Old May 9th 05, 12:19 AM
P.J. Berg

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Dan Smith" > wrote in message
> > i agree with you on the balloon being irrelevant, that was a spin by

> dan

>>>try and save face, did not work....BUT according to dan my tires should
>>>explode when i drive down the road...they have a MAXIMUM rating of

>>50psi....
>>
>>>and he says that you can never have more than that...i can gurantee you

>>that
>>
>>>when i drive down the road the tires heat up and the pressure goes up a

>>few
>>
>>>pounds...then add the weight and according to Dan i should be on my rims

>>by
>>
>>>now....
>>>

>>Bwah! ha! ha! ha!
>>
>>Now you're hallucinating!
>>

> are you saying you did not say the following:?:
>

>>Who are you trying to BS? Of course the tire pressure goes up as the load
>>increases. You're talking nonsense.

>>Since you don't think tire pressure goes up as the load goes up you
>>definitely don't know what you're talking about.

>>If I air up my tires to the car manufacturer's recommended pressures and
>>then I put 400 pounds of people in the car obviously the tire pressure goes
>>up.

> be careful before you deny it because google archived it....
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...1543213d?hl=en
>

> i wish to challenge it....and i suggest anyone that doesn't believe me when
> i say the pressure will be the same to do so themselves...its pretty simple
> to prove you wrong in this instance....and i have....
>
> picture one....my 68 type 1 with the tire jacked off ground(note Marlboro
> pack under tire for show)
>
> http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/1.jpg
>
> same tire, now on the ground....at least that 400 pounds you speak of, yes?
>
> http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/2.jpg
>
> rear tire, same car, same side.....in the air...same cigarette pack for show
>
> http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/3.jpg
>
> same rear tire, now on ground....i'd say more than 400 pounds of weight have
> just been placed on it....
>
> http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/temp/4.jpg
>

>>If I air up my tires to the car manufacturer's recommended pressures and
>>then I put 400 pounds of people in the car obviously the tire pressure goes
>>up.

> as the mythbusters would say......"BUSTED"....
>

> now go **** yourself you ****-for-brains....are you Billybadass in desguise?

The realy sad part here is that is infact you who are wrong!! You are
simply not using an accurate enough gauge...

Simple physics.. And tire design.. Can you agree that cylinder
pressure increases when the piston moves upwards with valves close? Same
thing with a tire being loaded, but the walls flex more(Cylinder walls
flex too, just on a nano scale..)

Now before you go ranting and spweing more threads using swearwords and
name calling, just relax sit down and think about what I just wrote...

By the way, same goes for a baloon, step on it and pressure will
increase before it bursts, although on a minute scale..

You all have a good one.

Jørn Berg.