Old January 14th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alexander Rogge

Default Underinsured motorist at fault in accident- any suggestions tocome out

>> I hit the pickup truck in the rear end corner .The driver hit bushes
>> on side of road.No1 injured in the accident
>>
>> So, far the insurance claim had come up to 35000$.The other persons
>> insurance company is paying them and sent the estimate to my company.

> There's something fishy about that claim and I suspect some bill padding
> was done.

I've been in a $35,000 truck, and it could crush a small car, and then
tow it out of the ditch. These diesel pick-up trucks can be purchased
for under $35,000. I couldn't do much to damage it, except maybe to
park it in front of a moving train.