Old May 22nd 09, 08:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Default Opinion on iRacing short falls.

Alan Bernardo wrote:

> The license idea I like. Why iRacing cannot combine the license idea with
> private leagues I don't understand, unless it be some legal issue. How much
> better would iRacing be if the user could join a private league with people
> who have similar licenses!

They have announced that when private leagues are introduced (August)
that drivers will require the appropriate license for the class.

The core systems are the iRacing championships which iRacing are busy
getting established with balancing numbers of members racing all around
the world and tweaking race frequencies and series. Hence private
leagues will be somewhat limited to be able to manage these numbers
rather than a free for all where everyone scatters off into tiny groups
and online racing is just for those in the know.

That is as I understand it anyway.

Cheers
Tony