Old May 23rd 09, 07:14 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Opinion on iRacing short falls.

On May 23, 8:08 am, "jeffareid" > wrote:
> My post stated racing teams interested in a training tool, this doesn't
> include the bulk of real-world racers.

I made the assumption that you were trying to justify the point with
the second paragraph.

The number of hobbyist and semi-pro racers using the sim for training
is enough to prove your point false, which you could easily see by
browsing the forums a bit. Of the real world series featured in the
sim, the Jetta TDI cup for example will make sim training in iRacing
mandatory prior to actually racing on the tracks.

The majority of users are there to have fun, but the fact is that
there are plenty of those who use it for training, including top-level
professional drivers.