Old February 23rd 18, 01:36 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
alan_m

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

> Still going to need controls on who can and cannot come into the country.
> If you're going to stop itinerate EU fruit pickers who don't come to
> settle here either. Just to do a job of work.

I'm not sure that non-UK itinerate EU fruit pickers assemble cars!

Leaving the EU will not stop EU fruit pickers coming to work - just that
they will probably need a work permit, have proof that the job exists,
have no automatic rights to (unemployment or in-work) benefits nor a
right to long term residency. In the case of fruit pickers .We will
probably just go back to the system similar to that which worked prior
to the EU concept of freedom of movement.

> I really can't see how you can have tight control over boarders while
> still making it easy for a foreign national to enter the country quickly -
> as would be needed in this case.

The same way as UK companies can send someone to the USA or Australia
for similar. The company supplying the robots will have a service
contract with service people available with the appropriate paper work
already in place.