Old January 13th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Stupendous Man

Default #&^#%$ Flywheel Removal

> That's an idea. Bet I could make a mold using 2x4s. Could even hinge it
> with a door hinge and use another hinge to close the mold. Once the wood
> chars it should be good for a long time.

I made about 10 at once, three 2x4s stacked aND NAILED TOGETHER WITH A 3
inch hole (kinda heavy, a 2 inch would be decent weight), and a one inch
thru the center piece for the knurled pipe handle. One more piece for the
bottom and wet paper towel stuck down the handle about an inch from the end
crosspin ( a 1.5 inch piece of 1/4 inch mild rod to retain the head when it
deforms). I split the mold with an ax to get them out.