Old January 30th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit

Default How Did I Miss This One?

In article >, Jack May wrote:

> You of course want it because you hope you Luddite fantasies will come true
> by getting people to use transit, which will never happen.

I don't want the tracking taxing scheme. I am dead set against it. I
believe transit should be built and run so it's useful. People will then
choose it because it is useful.

> Transit is the
> equivalent of trying to get people to go back to 8 track tape in an iPod
> world. A very sophomoric view of the world.

That's because US transit is more or less a broken down 1940s system. In
some places of chicago and NYC it's a 19th century system.