Old February 22nd 05, 11:40 PM
fbloogyudsr

"Arthur" > wrote
> Sorry, I didn't want to come off sounding like a rookie. I've had IROC
> Camaro's, '39 Chevy Coupe with a 383 Chrysler motor and 28 years with
> the Philadephia Police Dept. so at least I can pursuit drive, so you're
> not going to get away. This is my first BMW and it seems a little weak
> that's why I wanted to know if it was worth $l,500 for the upgrades.
> Thanks for all responses.

The reality is, modern engines are highly tuned from the factory.
It is very difficult to get much more out of them without major
changes. Even the major tuners (Alpine, Dinan) charge major bucks
for relatively modest HP. The changes you outline won't make significant
impotents; the consensus is that a supercharger is the cheapest and\
best bang for the bucks.

We get many ricer 20-yr olds asking the same question; that's why
you got the answers you got. And good advice it is, too.

Floyd