Old May 15th 19, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky

Default How to keep sound on when backing up.

In rec.autos.tech, on Tue, 14 May 2019 22:53:44 -0400, Meanie
> wrote:

>On 5/14/2019 3:44 PM, micky wrote:
>> In rec.autos.tech, on Tue, 14 May 2019 13:51:10 -0400, Meanie
>> > wrote:

>>> Do you drive backwards? What's the amount of time you back up...? 15, 30
>>> seconds tops? You're seriously concerned about something important on
>>> the radio you need to stop for 30 seconds of backing up?

>> Do you ever listen to a serious discussion show, or anything other than
>> music? The loss of 20 seconds can distort or cloud everything the
>> person says.
>>>
>>> I'd hate to see you when a real crisis arises.

>> Don't be silly.

What's silly is thinking that because I want to solve a small problem, I
wouldn't want to solve (and be good at solving) big problems. It works
the opposite way. People who let themselves be thumped by little
problems also get thumped by big ones.

>LMAO! You're concerned about 20 second segment you "may" miss due to

I know darn well that every time I had to go in reverse since I've had
this car (7 days) I've missed what the speaker was saying. Five times
a day at least, and when exploring back woods and desert roads with dead
ends and move civilized places with parking spots more like 15 or 20
times a day. If I owned the car for 5 years, just using 5 times a day,
that's 9000 times.

I guess when life gives you problems and inconveniences, you just let
life push you around. I don't. I like to make my life better. But you
can just suck it up if you want.