Old October 28th 05, 10:38 PM
KJ.Kate

Default Off Topic Though Jeep, Libty is 100% girl car

I looked it up, thank goodness it's about 150 miles from us, who woulda
thought, one earthquake zone to another.
Looks like they have some pretty good shakers there too!

KJK
2O|||||||O5 Libby

"Lon" > wrote in message
:
: I didn't even know there *was* a fault there until I happened to be
: shooting the breeze with a Memphis auto salesman and the floor started
: shaking. Thought it was a freight train at first.
:
:
:
: Matt Macchiarolo proclaimed:
:
: > I remember in 89 or 90 some religious goofball predicted a major
earthquake
: > on the New Madrid at a specfic date and time, because the Scriptures
: > foretold it. Sure enough, the day came and went, nothing. That didn't
stop a
: > whole bunch of folks in the area to panic, buy up earthquake insurance,
and
: > plan to leave town prior to that date. I was living in Nashville at the
time
: > and when traveling to Memphis I stopped at a restaurant and the whole
family
: > in the next booth was discussing where they were going to go for the
: > earthquake.
: >
: > "L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >
: >> You know how your mountains were made. And remember east of you the
: >>New Madrid. God's saving something really big for you.
: >> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
: http://www.billhughes.com/
: >>
: >>Earle Horton wrote:
: >>
: >>>Another reason to live in Colorado. Not even a tremor since I have
been
: >>>there, and just enough geo-thermal action to fuel a few hot springs for
: >>>the
: >>>tourists. There are, of course, four or five avalanche chutes visible
: >>>from
: >>>my house, but to my knowledge no one in recorded history has been
caught
: >>>in
: >>>one. Unless you count the Town Trustee who got a DUI last spring, for
: >>>walking around on top of a fresh slide, too stubborn to back off when
the
: >>>road crew told him it wasn't safe.
: >>>
: >>>Earle