Old April 7th 11, 11:53 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.audi
Zathras

Default What I want vs. what the reality could support

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 22:27:42 -0400, D. LaCourse >
wrote:

> The 335D has got plenty of ooomph with tons of torque.
>Put four good snow tires on it and it will survive very nicely in the
>snowbelt states.

You *are* joking?! My 325d is the only car I've ever driven that is
capable of failing to move off *downhill* in snow! Yes, if you can get
it going, it handles impeccably in snow but stopping and starting in
snow often requires divine intervention in these things.

Yes, with preparation and skill these things can go from a to b in
snow but no way is a rear wheel drive automatic BMW going to "survive
very nicely" in a snowbelt. They are for keen drivers who relish a
challenge.