Old August 1st 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
bolo

Default accelerator sticky?? 88 Cabriolet

I have a 1988 VW cabriolet. It is a cool ride, it takes a lot of care,
seems to be something interesting going on inside it. BUT, this is my
question (I checked your faq's - no avail). For some reason not sure why,
but recently my accelerator pedal seems to be sticky. It only does it in
acceleration and does not stick open. But, I have noticed that when
shifting, if I remove my foot from the accelerator, shift and then apply
pressure to the pedal, it tends to want to jump. I have lubed the pedal,
and the throttle, tightened the adjustment on the cable before it reaches
the throttle. I don't notice it doing it if I am sitting still, only when
shifting as previously described. Am I missing a lube location?

Also, another question. The clutch seems very tight. It does not bother
me, but my wife says it is very hard for her to drive the car, and my kids
refuse to drive it because of this reason (I know, I know - what's my
complaint - right :-). Someone told me this is because of a broken bracket
behind the dash that a cable is attached to. But i can't seem to find it,
and i am too old and fat to get to far up under there.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Bolo