Old February 15th 05, 02:31 PM
The Malt Hound

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
news
> It's the law throughout the USA to wear your seatbelt. If you put
> yours on,
> the annoying reminder will go out.

Actually, it is not law "throughout the land". We still do not (yet)
have such a law in my home state, New Hampshire, and I am hopeful that
one will never be passed. I am not in favor of legislation only to
prevent stupid people from hurting themselves. The specious argument
that a driver who is not belted-in is somehow a hazard to other
vehicles is absurd. Where will that logic end?

OTOH, I believe that anyone that is too stupid to wear a seat belt
should have their genes removed from the human pool, post-haste. I
know that they work and would help me survive in the event of a
serious collision. I wear mine every time I am in a car.

I am also in favor of legally requiring *children* to be belted or in
car-seats as this prevents stupid parents from harming their innocent
and unknowing children.

Instead of mandating seatbelt use for adults (in their own private
vehicles), why don't the do-gooder legislators concentrate on
requiring seat belts on school busses? I see these yellow missles
hurtling down the highway at 65 mph all the time with 60 unbelted
children bouncing around in the cold steel and thinly padded interior.
Talk about your death trap...

-Fred W