Old January 12th 12, 11:17 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default rF2: The quest for new ways to be miserable continues!

(Ian Riches) wrote:

> What hardware are you running it on?

Sadly I'm running it on a with a 5870. In single screen mode at max
detail (and you want max detail, believe me!) I'm maxxing out at about 55fps, which
is pretty poor. The menus get more like 2000fps though. :-)

With triple screens I can drive offline ok, but it's not ideal and requires some
disappointing compromises. I have a horrible feeling that the graphics guy(s) are
really stretched beyond their natural skillset. At least in CARS you can see why
your frame rate is struggling. With rF2 it's much more subtle and hard to
appreciate.

It may well be a purely CPU thing though. In fact that makes a lot of sense when I
think about it. So with 4 cores you might do better than you'd expect. I can
certainly race at 30+ FPS in either single or triple screen mode.

This machine is an with a GTX260. I might try installing it on here as
well, but I'm not sure how the activations work and I don't want to risk it at a
time when they're up to their ears in... well, possibly refunds. :-)

At least there is a prominent refund feature in the interface though.

Andrew McP